Monday 1 July 2013

Shopping for two (weeks)...


Later this week I'll be leaving on a jet plane for the Dominican Republic. This isn't a customer or supplier visit, or a meeting with a new brand we want to work with, or a hellish electronics show, or anything remotely related to work.
It's a HOLIDAY.
I plan on throwing my phone in the sea and not moving until the last call for the flight back. And what does every girl need to do before she goes on holiday?
SHOP.
Luckily for me I managed to locate my other half's work car park permit on Saturday, which saved me six quid on parking meaning that I ended up buying four bikinis, a couple of tops, some pairs of shorts, some jeans and some shoes. I think there may have been more, but I tend to black out when shopping. I find that it helps with the panic afterwards.

As I've mentioned before, my bestie (Karen) has a fashion blog: mission style, which has become a bit of a Bible for me, our friends and those people that live in the internet and read blogs (hello, if you're watching). I've taken a momentary bit of inspiration from her and thought I'd post some of what I bought, just in case you get inspiration from it too. Or at the very least, in case you have a helpline for me to call... I'm thinking of that lovely old puppet couple on the TV who give out money before payday?

Anyway, here goes... 
 
I'm a fan of shorts (I also have a bit of a girl crush on Caroline Flack and Millie Mackintosh at the moment so I went a little bit overboard in Miss Selfridge and may have bought two pairs that are VERY DIFFERENT, HONEST. I teamed these up with a laser cut t-shirt because, according to the magazines I read (which I fob off to my other half as “research for work”) laser cut work is very much in at the moment. And it involves lasers which can only be a good thing.


As you can see, I also bought some bright pink shoes. Contrary to what the above pictures will portray, I don't usually go for pink, but like I said, it's Karen's fault... She told me to do it.


I also bought a handbag from Zara. You can buy it here.
  

Some white jeans and some ripped jeans, both from Miss Selfridge:

 (Top above from New Look).

 (Top above from Zara and below from New Look).

 (Top above from Miss Selfridge and below from New Look - wasn't 100% sure about the tassels, but good for the beach I thought).


And some bikinis from H&M:





(I chose not to model these as this really isn't that type of blog...)

I took the plunge with some floral trousers too (from New Look)... They look like a maxi skirt, hence the acrobatics. These are a little out of my comfort zone, but I took the plunge anyway.


And, despite going into shock that for the first time in my life I took six things into the changing room and decided to keep all six things (that's just cruel), I also picked up a dress on my way to the till... Just like that.


Ah well. At least I won't need to go shopping again until next year, right?

Lots of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment