Monday 13 May 2013

Whey aye man...

Today sees me in Newcastle. I've been a bit quiet on the blogging front, as I keep mentioning, but as I'm not actually expecting many people to read the thing I'm hoping I'll be let off. This is partly because I've been pretty busy, but also because weirdly I haven't actually been anywhere recently other than London and Crewe and I thought I'd save the posts for places a little further afield. Like the norf (OK, not that much further afield, but I'm off to Hong Kong and China in a few weeks and that's bound to provide all sorts of entertainment - Assuming the government allows me some internets). So this is just a flying stop with two overnights, but after a 6am start and a 11pm finish today this'll just be a quick one as I need to get on to the 600 emails I've not been responding to all day (OK, I'm exaggerating, it's 182) before bedtime and round two tomorrow.

I've actually had a very good day. For professional reasons I won't mention who I've been visiting, but I will say that they've been extremely welcoming and for about five hours I've been gawping/staring/drooling at male models parading this particular brand's SS14 season collection - I was obviously looking at their clothes the whole time.

For anyone who's never been to Newcastle, may I recommend this link to the Geordie Dictionary. The Newcastle accent is without doubt my favourite in the world, closely followed by the Welsh accent.


And to anyone who hasn't been listening when I say that you rarely get to see the sights of anywhere that you travel to for work, please see below my attempts at a picture of the Angel of the North.


(Don't worry, I wasn't driving...)


(There's not enough Instagram in the world...)

And lastly, the sign in the hotel room mini bar which gave me much amusement this morning (I should probably point out that I wasn't hoping for a swift one before work...)


I fail to see how on Earth any mini bar can ever be "empty for your use and convenience"...

Tara now, pet.



No comments:

Post a Comment